The Chippewa Township Volunteer Fire Department was formed in 1927 when several members of the community saw the need for fire protection in this mostly rural area. They raised funds and purchased their first truck in 1929. A picture of this truck hangs in the hallway of the station, although, it is not known what make of truck it is. The Fire department was originally located on Shenango Road where the Chippewa United Methodist Church now stands.
After a fire that started during a roof repair destroyed the building, the Department moved to it's current location, in the old Township Building on Darlington Road. The Fire Department protects three schools, six churches, and over three thousand households within its sixteen square miles, as well as several assisted living facilities, many commercial businesses and the Beaver County Airport.